Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Auspicous Coincidence

Today is the autumnal equinox and the full moon. It is also the day that I'm handing my manuscript over to my editor! Did you hear that? My Editor! I'm sure that just means that there's a lot more hard work ahead, but that's not going to stop me from reveling in the moment for a few hours at least.

I met Sue through a regular guest who's been coming into the restaurant for years (for those of you that don't know, I'm still a bartender; there are plenty of incongruities to that, and rationalizations too, but we'll get those some other time). It was a casual conversation.

"So, how's the photography going?"

"Great. So do you do anything creative outside of work?"

"Yeah, I'm writing a book."

"Really? Well my wife's an editor. You should talk to her about it sometime."

And so here we are, six months later, and I have to think how truly perfect and amazing all this is. I was talking to my sister-in-law the other day and she was amazed too. We both laughed, relieved, as we remembered that only a few years ago the only coincidences in my life were scoring a bag of cocaine when I was broke or simply waking up with my heart still beating.

So all I have to say is that today is a pretty wonderful day. Is it fate? Is it coincidence? Will anything even come of this at all?

I don't think it really matters. But it does seem to me now that when you align yourself with the truth of yourself, magical things start to happen all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment